9 Proven Ways to Make Your Perfume Last Longer

Hi cupcakes.  
I hope your Thursday is/was the bees knees.  I'm using that phrase because 1. It rocks and 2.  It reminds me of one of my gorgeous new sponsors.  Aww yeahhh :) 
Ellen at This Hive can be found here.  And wait, I have two more fab blogs to brag about.  Go say hi to Julianne at A Little Lacey and Meghan at Shine On.


Back to business.  Everyone and their mother knows that I have a perfume fetish.  It's strange and weird and expensive but I will say I smell like thebomb.com.
Since all of the perfumes I love cost an arm and a leg, I'd prefer them to last FOREVER when I spray them in the morning. Which never happens.  Shat.
BUT...
There are ways to make your perfume last a little longer than usual.



1. Spray immediately after getting out of the shower.  Your skin is warm and your pores are open and will absorb the scent better.  
2. Pulse points.  Spray 'em.  These are areas that radiate heat and will release the perfume scent.  (Neck, underside of your elbows, wrists, behind the knees).
3. When you spray your wrists, DO NOT rub them together.  It ruins the scent for some strange reason.
4. Spray your hairbrush with some perfume and run it through your hair.





5. Perfume evaporates quickly because of the alcohol content in it.  Dry skin makes this worse.  Make sure to lotion before you spray!
6. Put a little vaseline on the points you plan on sprayin'.  
7. If you would like to, spray a cotton ball with your favorite scent and stuff it in your bra. 
8. Spray yourself from a distance.  About 12 inches should do the trick.  It helps distribute the scent all over your body instead of spraying one gross puddle of perfume on your neck. 
9. Aaand finally.... layer! Use shower gel, lotion, and perfume of the same scent.  


Hopefully at least one of those little tricks helps you out.  I definitely did not know about #1 and #4.
I always thought spraying right before I left the house was the best way to go.  Boy was I wrong.


A few posts back I told I would eventually fill you in on what my absolute favorite perfume is.  If you didn't notice by my very large picture up there, it is Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche.  Don't even get me started on how ridiculously amazing and enticingly seductive it is.  Every time I want a new perfume, I can't find one because it never smells as good as my boo, Chanel.  What's a girl to do.


Anyhoo, test these babies out and let me know how they work.
And don't forget to tell me any tricks you've picked up!
  

0 comments:

Post a Comment