DEEP. FRIED. OREOS...


I'm doin' it y'all.  I'm teaming up with Ashley and Neely on this one because whelp, I gotta tell ya.
I like love food.
Everything about it.
The smell, the taste, and just the way it makes me feel.... bloated happy.
So here wee go.

1. If you could eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
  PASTA & SEAFOOD
Italian food needs no explanation.  
And I just really love fish.  If it's under the sea, it's made for me.

2. What is your guilty pleasure/comfort food?
Cheesy Mashed Potatoes.
Make that loaded cheesy mashed potatoes.

3. What is the weirdest/craziest food you've ever eaten?
Not that I wouldn't, I just haven't had the chance to eat any weirdo food.
So I guess I'd have to say mussels.  As in clams.

4. What foods do you avoid at all costs?
Any and all Asian food.
Chinese/Japanese/Mongolian
Any of that.
It's nothing personal.  I just hate it.

5. What meals remind you of your childhood?
Macaroni salad.
Grilled food.
Popsicles.
Pudding snack packs.
Lunch-ables.

6. Share one of your favorite recipes and the story behind it.
The story is that I'm attracted to any and all foods that sound like they're full of sugar, chocolate, and carbs.  Because damn it, those are the best kind.  And if I'm gonna die some day, I'm gonna be full & happy.
So let me present to you:

DEEP FRIED OREOS
- 1 LARGE egg
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil
-1 cup of pancake mix
- 1 package of oreos 

Directions: Mix ingredients (minus the oreos) in a large bowl until it resembles pancake mix.  Heat deep-fryer oil according to instructions.
Dunk (yes, dunk) oreos one-at-a-time into mixture and carefully place into the fryer oil.
Fry for about 15-20 seconds. Using a tongs, flip to other side.
Remove.  They should resemble an oreo wrapped in a deep-fried donut.
Prepare to drool.

This is a picture from when I did mine in the Spring.  They will look something like this when done.


0 comments:

Post a Comment