I've Been a Little Busy...GETTING ENGAGED!

Hello all!  I have the most exciting news of my entire life.   I'm engaged! :D
How incredibly surreal it feels.  I have been dating Adam for 3.5 years and he is the most perfect and wonderful man.  I've been waiting for him to pop the question for... a while.  And he did it!  

Let me just narrate for you how it happened-
Adam and I live in Wisconsin.  Wednesday morning, he told me we were going to visit his parents in the Milwaukee area to swim in their beautiful pool all day and possibly stay the night, so he made sure I packed my bags :)  Sneaky little devil.

We quickly passed the exit for Milwaukee and kept heading south, leaving me quite confused.  Where the HECK are we going?

We ended up in CHICAGO!  I LOVE this city.  I don't get there often, but when I do I feel like I've stepped straight into heaven.  Adam booked the most beautiful hotel right off of Michigan Avenue.  It was so gorgeous.


It also had a killer view!  The top two are shots from our hotel room.  I'd say he picked a good one!  (If you're ever in Chicago, I suggest staying at the Hyatt on East Wacker Drive.  Best place, and so close to downtown.  No need for cabs or busses, which will save you a ton of money. Here's the LINK if you're ever in the area.

We did some shopping on Michigan Ave. (hello SAKS!)  and also walked over to Navy Pier.  If you'd like the best view of Chicago, I suggest riding the ferris wheel there!  SO worth the $12 dollars.
Finally, we ended up at Millennium Park.  This is one of my favorite spots in Chicago.  It is lush, has a gorgeous view, and is filled with people sightseeing.  Love it.  The photo above was taken right before Adam popped the question :)  He looks a little nervous if you ask me...

And then...........

He asked, and of course I said YES!  I mean look at it....
I got the man, and the ring of my dreams.  I could not have asked for anything better.  He rocks.

Happy, happy, happy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment